Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sanford Demolition Photos - April 24th - 25th

My school t-shirt when I attended
Sanford from 1983-1990.
Two more days of demolition and much of the northern half of the school is gone. Everything in the front half of the school (east side) has been destroyed now (aside from rooms 101, 201 and 301) as is everything in the northern half of the school from the main office / washrooms north.

I must admit that it's heartbreaking to watch my childhood elementary school, which holds so many memories, being ripped down before my very eyes. I think for the rest of these series of galleries I'm also going to share some of my memories of the school. Not as a neighbour of the structure, but from when I was a child who attended the school every day for seven years.

Sanford Memories

  • My grade five teacher Mrs. Tedder taught me a way to tie my shoes so that they wouldn't easily come untied. I still, to this day, call this a "Tedder Knot."
  • I went to Walt Disney World when I was in grade three and wrote a postcard to my class from Florida. The postcard arrived at school the same day as I did and it was read aloud to my class with me present.
  • My grade three teacher went on maternity leave shortly after the start of the school year and I had substitute teachers for much of the year.

Take a look at a few photos from the past two days, and see the full galleries (April 24th and April 25th) on our Facebook page.






No comments:

Post a Comment