Friday, April 26, 2013

Sanford School Demolition Photos - April 26th

This is the crest I received at
my grade 5 graduation. 
It was a beautiful day today with mild temperatures, blue and sunny skies and another solid period of destruction of local heritage and history. Another day of demolition has passed with the work likely to stop for the weekend, save for some cleanup of the debris.

Sanford Memories

  • In grade five I wasn't big on recess and didn't enjoy running around outside three times a day. So I chose to spend my free recess time at school helping the gym teacher (Mr. Ho) set up for the upcoming class. At the end of the year he let me choose any piece of gym equipment, except for a few things, to take home as a thank you. I chose a plastic hockey stick and hollow plastic baseball bat.
  • There was one of those large green Nerf soccer balls lodged in the rafters of Gym A for as long as I could remember. I wonder if it's still there. Guess I'll never know.
  • Because the school didn't start off as an elementary school there were fully functional locker rooms connected to both Gym A and Gym B, complete with benches and showers. They were off limits to students and weren't used. I don't know if the showers still worked.
  • Gym A had pull out wooden bleachers as well as raised stadium seating at the south end of the gym, which was only accessible from a doorway located in the centre stairwell. This door was always locked with a chain and padlock.





Check out the full gallery at the My Barton Village Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment